We have an opportunity to build a better, healthier, and more prosperous Canada. We have the means to decarbonize, save lives, and create jobs. CAPE has detailed 25 recommendations for safe and healthy recovery. Download our Healthy Recovery Report.
Major national health organizations have endorsed the plan and are joining the call for a healthy recovery. See the sign on letter here.
- Alliance du personnel professionnel et technique de la santé et des services sociaux (APTS)
- Alliance for Healthy Communities
- Canadian Association of Nurses for the Environment;
- Canadian Federation of Medical Students
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Canadian Public Health Association
- Canadian Society of International Health
- Collège québécois des médecins de famille (CQMF)
- Fédération interprofessionnelle de la santé du Québec (FIQ)
- Fédération médicale étudiante du Québec (FMEQ)
- Generation Squeeze
- Health Care Canada
- Jeunes médecins pour la santé publique (JMPSP)
- Ontario Public Health Association
- La planète s’invite en santé
CAPE has been involved in major national and international campaigns calling for a Healthy and Just Recovery, so that we build back better and healthier than before this pandemic hit.
The National Campaign for a #JustRecoveryforAll
More than 300 civil society groups, representing a collective memberships of millions in Canada collaborated to draft six Principles for a Just Recovery. CAPE played a crucial role in this effort, ensuring that creating a safe, healthy, and equitable future is at the core of the principles. Principle 1 is “Put people’s health and wellbeing first, no exceptions,” and at CAPE, we firmly believe that includes taking action to stop climate change.
Read the other principles and learn more about that campaign here.
The International Campaign for #HealthyRecovery
Organizations representing over 40 million doctors, nurses and health professionals released a letter calling on G20 leaders to put public health at the centre of COVID19 recovery plans. CAPE doctors have been leaders in calling for a healthy recovery from the beginning of the pandemic, and led outreach to the many Canadian organizations who signed on. Individuals and organizations can still sign on to that letter here.
Press from the #HealthyRecovery launch: