Climate change is threatening life on our planet — it is the greatest challenge of our time. CAPE exists to help solve that challenge. We are a doctor-directed charitable organization working to fight climate change in order to protect the lives and health of our fellow humans – here at home and across the globe.
To grow support for climate action, the best way to talk to people about it is to educate them on the impacts to their health. We use our voice to speak directly to policymakers, the general public, and our membership of doctors and health workers in order to enact change.
We support and guide physicians to advocate for healthier environments and ecosystems. We are a dispersed, volunteer-driven organization. In order to improve our capacity to do this work, CAPE seeks a part-time Operations Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Interact with the general public and CAPE members on behalf of our organization;
- Support the day-to-day financial management of the organization and the development of the annual budget; and
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the organization, its board of directors and volunteers.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience and/or proficiency in the following areas:
- Budgeting and financial management;
- Experience in administrative management and/or other relevant related experience;
- Assistance in the management and operation of a board of directors;
- Participation in membership development and volunteer retention;
- Mastery of data management and publishing software;
- Knowledge of issues related to governance, decision-making processes and the functioning of non-profit organizations; and
- Familiarity with strategic and annual planning; and
- Bilingual capacity (English/French).
Our office is based in Toronto but we are open to candidates who would work from other locations.
If this looks like you, please submit an application consisting of a cover letter and resume to Robin Edger (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 13, 2020.