Policy and Campaign Lead, Climate Change and Public Health
Climate change and environmental degradation are threatening life on our planet – it is the greatest challenge of our time. CAPE exists to help solve that challenge. We are a doctor-directed charitable organization working to fight climate change in order to protect the lives and health of our fellow humans – here at home and across the globe.
To grow support for climate action, the best way to talk to people about it is to educate them on the impacts to their health. We use our voice to speak directly to policymakers, the general public, and our membership of doctors and health workers, in order to enact change.
We support and guide physicians to advocate for healthier environments and ecosystems. We are a dispersed, volunteer-driven organization.
In order to improve our capacity to do this work, CAPE seeks a Policy and Campaign Lead for our Climate Change and Public Health work.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Lead advocacy campaigns in diverse areas such as fracking, transportation, and sustainable healthcare;
- Support strategizing on our priority areas with an emphasis on creating change;
- Help support our volunteers in aligning our work to create change;
- Draft reports and social media content to support our work in our priority areas; and
- Help build partnerships with potential allies in diverse sectors such as healthcare, environmental groups, government, and the private sector.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Completed graduate-level studies in public health, climate change, or both;
- Experience coordinating/executing in-person and digital advocacy campaigns in public health and/or climate change;
- Experience supporting volunteers;
- Experience managing a volunteer database;
- Experience writing content in the areas of public health and/or climate change
- Experience analyzing qualitative date related to public policy;
- Experience with research and literature review in public health and/or climate change
- Experience with public speaking in front of large audiences;
- Experience managing a campaign budget;
- Experience with building relationships with allies in public health and/or climate change organizations; and
- Bilingual capacity (English and French).
Our office is based in Toronto but we are open to candidates who would work from other locations. If this looks like you, please submit an application consisting of a cover letter and resume via email to Robin Edger (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 6, 2020.