- Conclusions of the Worldwide Integrated Assessment on the risks of neonicotinoids and fipronil to biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. June 2014.
- Benbrook C M. Impacts of genetically engineered crops on pesticide use in the U.S. — the first sixteen years. Environmental Sciences Europe 24:24, (2012).
- Mesnage R, Defarge N, Spiroux de Vendomois J and Seralini G-E. Major Pesticides Are More Toxic to Human Cells Than Their Declared Active Principles. BioMed Research International (2014).
- Gill R J, Ramos-Rodriguez O, and Raine N E. Combined pesticide exposure severely affects individual- and colony-level traits in bees Nature 491, 105–108 (01 November 2012).
- Matsumoto T. Reduction in homing flights in the honey bee Apis mellifera after a sublethal dose of neonicotinoid insecticides Bulletin of Insectology 66 (1): 1-9, 2013
- Smith, Matthew R et al. Effects of decreases of animal pollinators on human nutrition and global health: a modelling analysis. The Lancet (2015).
- Task Force on Systemic Pesticides. Worldwide Integrated Assessment of the Impacts of Systemic Pesticides on Biodiversity and Ecosystems. Environmental Science and Pollution Research (2015).
Background on the EU Moratorium
- EFSA identifies risks to bees from neonicotinoids. January 2013
- Bees & Pesticides: Commission goes ahead with plan to better protect bees. 2013