CAPE is a charitable organization that works to better human health by protecting the planet. We seek to better understand how the environment affects human health in order to communicate this information to our membership, the general public, and policymakers in government, in order to create change.
We support and guide physicians to advocate for healthier environments and ecosystems. We are a dispersed, volunteer-driven organization.
In order to improve our capacity to do this work, CAPE seeks an Operations Manager/Policy and Campaign Lead for a three-month contract position with the potential to extend. In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Lead advocacy campaigns in diverse areas such as fracking, transportation, and sustainable healthcare;
- Support strategizing on our priority areas with an emphasis on creating change;
- Help support our volunteers in aligning our work to create change;
- Draft reports and social media content to support our work in our priority areas; and
- Help build partnerships with potential allies in diverse sectors such as healthcare, environmental groups, government, and the private sector.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Completed graduate-level studies in public health, climate change, or both;
- Experience coordinating/executing in-person and digital advocacy campaigns in public health and/or climate change;
- Experience supporting volunteers;
- Experience managing a volunteer database;
- Experience writing content in the areas of public health and/or climate change
- Experience analyzing qualitative date related to public policy;
- Experience with research and literature review in public health and/or climate change
- Experience with public speaking in front of large audiences;
- Experience managing a campaign budget;
- Experience with building relationships with allies in public health and/or climate change organizations;
- Experience supporting the management of finances;
- Experience supporting the management of human resources;
- Experience supporting a Board of Directors;
- Experience providing administrative support;
- Experience interacting with the general public or members on behalf on an organization; and
- The ability to speak, read and write in English and French.
Our office is based in Toronto but we are open to candidates who would work from other locations.
If this looks like you, please send an application consisting of a cover letter and resume to Robin Edger at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2020.